Kommer snart på dansk!
BitZipper Frequently Asked Questions
How do I extract files from an archive?
NEW! BitZipper 3.2 contains a redesign of the Wizard interface making zipping and unzipping as easy as 1-2-3! Click here to see the new Wizard in action!
How to extract files from an archive using the standard interface:
This operation requires that you have already opened an archive. You must perform 3 to 5 simple steps:
- Click the Extract button on the toolbar, select Extract from the Edit menu or simply press [Ctrl+X]. This will display the Extract window.
- Select a folder to extract the files to by using the drive selector and drive tree, just as you select a folder in Windows Explorer. You may enter a folder name directly in the "Save in:" input field. If the folder entered does not exist it will be created. Optionally you can create a new folder by clicking the New folder icon.
- Optionally select which files to be extracted in the Files box. By default this is set depending on which files were selected in the content list when clicking the Extract button. All files is the default if no files were selected, otherwise Selected files will be the default. You may enter a filename or filespec to extract as well.
- Optionally set the extract Options. Select whether to be prompted before overwriting existing files, if file attributes should be maintained, if folders should be created and if you want to launch Windows Explorer after extraction. The settings will be saved for future extract operations.
- Click the Extract button to extract the files.
Tip: If the archive contains a setup program you may press the Install icon on the toolbar to extract all files from the archive and run the setup program. When the setup program is finished, the files will be cleaned up.
How to extract files from an archive using the Wizard interface:
You must perform 4 simple steps:
- Click the "Extract or install files from an existing archive" checkbox and click Next.
- Enter the name of your archive or browse your system for it and click Next.
- Enter the destination folder name or browse your system for it. Check the "Explore files after extracting" checkbox to start Windows Explorer after extracting files, or optionally check the "Run setup program and clean up after extracting" to automatically install the program in the archive (only valid if a setup.exe file is included in the archive). Then click Next.
- Click Close.
How to extract files from an archive using Windows Explorer:
The BitZipper Windows Explorer integration gives you 3 new options to extract files from archives. Access the new features by right-clicking an archive file and select the BitZipper menu. The options are:
- Extract to... Select this option to specify where to extract the files in the archive to.
- Extract to x:\foldername\ Select this option to create a folder with the same name as the archive and extract the files to it.
- Extract to x:\TEMP\ Select this option to extract the files to the Windows temporary folder.
How to extract files from an archive using the Drag and Drop interface:
You may extract files from an archive using drag and drop by selecting the files in the archive content list, holding down your left mouse button and moving the mouse cursor over the location you want to extract the files to, e.g. a folder in Windows Explorer or on the Desktop. Release the mouse button to extract the files.